Update – 24th March 2020
As we head into COVID-19 Level 4 restrictions, we wanted to fire you a quick update to ensure you’re aware that we have your back.
As an entity that provides maintenance and repair services for communications, and also an entity supplying services to essential workplaces required for operation of these workplaces, we will be continuing our operations with staff primarily working from home as of tomorrow, 25th March.
During this time, we will be working remotely to support and maintain your systems, with on-site work only being completed in a critical or emergency situation, assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You can continue to contact us via our normal methods:
Phone: 0800 483 882
When contacting our support team, please be aware that we are currently experiencing a high volume of queries and assisting our customers with their working from home requirements. We apologise in advance for any delay this may cause in resolving your enquiry.
While we all work through this crisis together, we kindly ask:
- If your query is not urgent, please email our support team rather than calling. This allows us to keep our phone lines a little more free for those customers with an urgent service requirement.
- Keep calm. This is an unprecedented event which we’re all grappling with. Our team are here to help, and if we all do our best to keep a cool and calm head, we’ll be able to work through things together much easier.
- If you’re having difficulty paying invoices as your business has been severely affected, please get in touch with our accounts team promptly and keep communication flowing. Cashflow is going to be hard on all businesses during this time, so let’s help each other out and keep talking.
- Lastly, please keep safe. With modern IT systems, we can build and put platforms in place to allow you and your team to work from home, preventing you from exposing yourself to unnecessary risk. Again, get in touch.
We’ll continue to update our website with future COVID-19 updates relatng to our business, you can view these at https://www.reliance.net.nz/our-covid-19-update
Stay strong, and most importantly – stay kiwi. We will get through this together.
Many thanks for your ongoing support,
Original – 18th March 2020
We believe you are probably already aware of the developments of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading around the world.
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to develop, the team at Reliance Networks is prepared and committed to providing support in every way we can, whether you have fast-paced projects to move people at home, or if your team needs assistance achieving business continuity with your IT and communication services.
In order to protect our team to ensure we can provide you with the support you need during this time, we have equipped ourselves with all the necessary tools to maintain a steady and uninterrupted work experience if and when required to work remotely.
Additional to this, we are taking all recommended health and safety precautions for our team in our offices to make sure everybody stays safe. During this time, work being completed remotely will be a strong preference for our team to performing on-site work. If you are required to come to one of our offices, please don’t be offended if we request you to make use of provided hand sanitizer before working with you on your enquiry.
We value all of our customers and appreciate your business, which is why we are taking these and many precautions to protect both our team and customers.
As you can imagine, we are currently fielding a number of calls to work with our customers to ensure staff are able to work from home and have access to the work resources they need. If you are developing a work-from-home plan, we’d recommend getting in touch with us sooner rather than later so we can assist with your plans and make any changes that may be required in your infrastructure to support this.
With that in mind, some things to consider as part of a work-from-home plan are:
- Ensure staff have a fast and reliable Internet connection
- Steering clear of breaking habits – have a dedicated home office area (if possible) and keep to normal work routines
- Stay away from distractions – having a TV close to a home work area is a bad idea!
- Make sure natural light is available – natural light can help you stay focused, keep a clear head and an active mind
- Lock in regular team video calls to keep everyone on the same page and up-to-date
- Use instant messaging tools to keep communication flowing with your team, such as Slack or Microsoft Teams
- Be sure staff have all cables and accessories at home, e.g. laptop power adapter, keyboard/mouse, webcam (for all those new video calls), monitor, desk phone etc.
We’re proud to support our customers during this time, and ask if there’s anything we can do to help make this situation easier for you, please do get in touch. You can always get in contact with us via:
Phone: 0800 483 882
Lastly, we encourage you to be kind to one another in times like these, and make sure to check on friends and family.